serves : 24
- 3 large egg whites
- 1/2 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1 (16 ounce) package powdered sugar, sifted
- paste food coloring
Directions for Royal Icing
- Combine egg whites and cream of tartar in a large mixing bowl.
- Beat at medium speed on mixer until frothy.
- Add half of powdered sugar, mixing well.
- Add remaining sugar and beat 5-7 minutes at high speed, until mixture is stiff and holds a peak.
- Color with desired amount of paste food coloring.
- NOTE: Icing dries very quickly; keep icing covered with a damp cloth when not using