- 400g can pie apple, drained
- 125g fresh blueberries
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 1/2 tablespoons caster sugar
- 2 sheets frozen ready-rolled puff pastry, halved
- 2 tablespoons almond meal (ground almonds)
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- Icing sugar mixture and whipped cream, to serve
Directions to make the Apple and blueberry puff pastry
Preheat oven to 200°C/180°C fan-forced. Line a large baking tray with baking paper. Combine apple, blueberries, cinnamon and 2 tablespoons sugar in a bowl.
Place 2 pastry pieces 5cm apart on prepared tray. Sprinkle each with half the almond meal, allowing a 1.5cm border around edges. Divide apple mixture between pastry pieces.
Roll out 1 remaining pastry piece until 1cm longer on all sides. Carefully fold in half lengthways. Using a small sharp knife, cut 6cm-long slits along folded edge, 1.5cm apart. Unfold pastry. Place over 1 pastry piece. Press edges to seal. Brush with egg. Sprinkle with half the remaining sugar. Repeat with remaining pastry piece, egg and remaining sugar.
Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until golden and puffed. Dust with icing sugar. Serve with cream.