Serves : 16
- Digestive biscuit base
- 225g (8 oz) digestive crumbs
- 65g (2 1/2 oz) melted butter
- 2 tablespoons brown soft sugar
- 3 (300g) tubs cream cheese, softened
- 225g (8 oz) brown soft sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 225ml (8 fl oz) soured cream
- 4 eggs
- 500g (1 1/4 lb) apples (about 3) – peeled, cored, and chopped
- 115g (4 oz) brown soft sugar
- 90g (3 1/2 oz) chopped pecans
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
Directions to make the Apple Pecan Cheesecake
- Preheat oven to 160 C / Gas 3. Line a 30x20cm baking dish with aluminium foil, extending the foil sheets over the side of the dish.
- To make the base, mix the digestive crumbs, butter and 2 tablespoons brown sugar together in a bowl until evenly blended. Press evenly over the bottom of the prepared baking dish.
- To make the filling, beat the cream cheese, 225g brown sugar and vanilla together in a mixing bowl until evenly blended. Beat in the soured cream. On low speed, add the eggs, one at a time, just until blended. Pour the mixture over the base.
- To make the topping, place the apples in a bowl, and toss with 115g brown sugar, pecans and cinnamon until evenly blended.
- Bake in preheated oven until centre is almost set, about 55 minutes (centre will still be wobbly). Cool and refrigerate 4 hours, or overnight.
- Before cutting, allow the cheesecake to sit 30 minutes at room temperature, then lift from the baking dish using the extended aluminium foil sheets, and place on a cutting board or serving plate. Remove the aluminium foil, and cut into 16 squares.
BACK TO APPLE RECIPES
Thank you for reading this post, don't forget to subscribe!