Serves : 16
- 500g plain flour
- 2 teaspoons bicarbonate of soda
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 225g butter
- 400g caster sugar
- 2 eggs
- 625g apple sauce
- 175g chopped walnuts
- 300g raisins
Directions to make the Apple Sauce, Walnut and Raisin Cake
- Preheat oven to 170 C / Gas 3. Grease and flour a 20x30cm or similar sized tin. Mix together the flour, bicarbonate of soda, cinnamon, cloves and nutmeg. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in the eggs one at a time. Beat in the flour mixture alternately with the apple sauce. Fold in the walnuts and raisins. Pour batter into prepared tin.
- Bake in preheated oven for 40 to 45 minutes or until a skewer inserted into the centre of the cake comes out clean. Allow to cool.
BACK TO APPLE RECIPES
Thank you for reading this post, don't forget to subscribe!