Thank you for reading this post, don't forget to subscribe!
serves : 16
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 2 cups sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1-1/2 cups mashed ripe bananas (2 to 3 large)
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup buttermilk
- 3/4 cup chopped unsalted pistachios, toasted
CREAM CHEESE FROSTING:
- 2 containers (8 ounces each) whipped cream cheese, room temperature
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup baking cocoa
- 4-1/2 cups confectioners’ sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Additional chopped unsalted pistachios, toasted, optional
Directions for Cake with Banana Cake with Chocolate Frosting
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in bananas and vanilla. Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt; add to creamed mixture alternately with buttermilk, beating well after each addition. Fold in 3/4 cup pistachios.
- Transfer to two greased and floured 8-in. round baking pans. Bake 45-55 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely.
- For frosting, in a large bowl, beat cream cheese and butter until smooth. Add cocoa; mix until blended. Add confectioners’ sugar and vanilla; beat until creamy.
- Place one cake layer on a serving plate; spread top with 1 cup frosting. Top with remaining cake. Spread top and sides with 2 cups frosting. Press pistachios into sides of cake if desired.
- Cut a small hole in the corner of a large pastry or plastic bag; insert #127 petal pastry tip. Fill the bag with remaining frosting. Pipe concentric circles of frosting over top of cake. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour or until frosting is set. Yield: 16 servings.