Thank you for reading this post, don't forget to subscribe!
yield : 8
- 3 cups (1 1/2 pints) vanilla ice cream
- 2 cups (1 pint) raspberry sherbet
- 1 box (10 oz) frozen raspberries in syrup, thawed
- 1 1/4 cups vanilla wafer crumbs (41 wafers)
- 1/2 cup finely chopped pecans
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine, melted
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- Reserved raspberry liquid
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 container (6 oz) fresh raspberries, if desired
Directions for Berry Ice Cream Pie
- Place ice cream and sherbet in refrigerator to soften. Place thawed raspberries in syrup in strainer over 2-cup glass measuring cup on counter to drain and save liquid for sauce.
- 2Heat oven to 375°F. In medium bowl, mix crust ingredients; press in bottom and up side of ungreased 9-inch glass pie plate. Bake 5 to 8 minutes or until edge just begins to brown. Cool completely, about 15 minutes.
- 3Scoop 1 1/2 cups ice cream into crust. In large bowl, fold drained raspberries into sherbet. Spoon over ice cream. Scoop remaining ice cream over top. Freeze at least 2 hours until firm.
- 4Meanwhile, in 1-quart saucepan, mix sugar and cornstarch. Stir in reserved raspberry liquid. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until mixture becomes clear and thickened. Stir in orange juice; cool at room temperature at least 10 minutes before serving. Serve individual servings of pie with sauce. If desired, garnish with fresh raspberries. Cover and store pie in freezer, sauce in refrigerator.