Thank you for reading this post, don't forget to subscribe!
- 1 recipe pastry for a 9 inch double crust pie
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 6 tart apples – peeled, cored and sliced
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons whiskey
Directions to make the Mom’s Apple Pie I
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F (225 degrees C). Fit bottom crust into a 9 inch pie plate.
- In a small bowl, mix together sugar, flour, salt, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Place sliced apples in a large bowl and sprinkle with sugar mixture. Toss until apples are thoroughly coated. Spoon apples into pan.
- Dot apples with butter or margarine, then sprinkle with whiskey. Cover with top crust. Seal edges and cut steam vents in top.
- Bake in preheated oven for 10 minutes. Lower temperature to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) and bake an additional 40 minutes. Serve warm.