Serves : 12
- 5-6 apples, grated
- 40ml rum
- 250g butter
- 250g sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 eggs
- 250g plain flour
- 5 teaspoons baking powder
- 3 tablespoons cocoa
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 125g ground or finely chopped nuts
Directions to make the Russian apple cake
- Pour the rum over the grated apples and allow to infuse for 30 minutes.
- Grease a springform cake tin and preheat the oven to 190 C / Gas 5.
- Beat butter until fluffy. Stir in sugar, vanilla and eggs. Mix flour and baking powder and mix gradually into the mixture along with the cocoa, cinnamon and nuts. Fold the apples into the mixture and pour into the prepared tin. Bake in the preheated oven for about 60 minutes.
BACK TO APPLE RECIPES
Thank you for reading this post, don't forget to subscribe!