Skip to content
Makes : 1 loaf
- 100g butter
- 150g caster sugar
- 2 eggs
- 100g buttermilk or yoghurt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 200g flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2-3 apples, depending on size
Directions to make the Simple apple cake
- Preheat the oven to 180 C / Gas 4.
- Melt butter. Whisk eggs and sugar until foamy.
- Blend wet ingredients, then stir in dry.
- Peel and slice apples.
- Pour cake mix in a regular loaf pan, or suitable cake pan. Stuff in as many pieces of apple as you can manage.
- Bake for about 50 minutes, let cool and enjoy!
BACK TO APPLE RECIPES