Skip to content
Makes : 1 20x30cm cake
- 1 1/2 (395g) tins apple fruit filling, such as Hartley’s®
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 375g plain flour
- 200g caster sugar
- 350ml milk
- 110g butter, softened
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 eggs
- 4 tablespoons dark brown soft sugar
- 4 tablespoons chopped walnuts
- 30g butter, melted
- 90g icing sugar
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 3/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 1/2 teaspoons hot water
Directions to make the Apple Drizzle Cake
- Preheat oven to 180 C / Gas 4. Grease a 20x30cm tin.
- Mix apple fruit filling with cinnamon, set aside.
- Beat flour, caster sugar, milk, 110g softened butter, baking powder, salt and eggs in mixing bowl on low speed for 30 seconds. Beat on medium speed for 2 minutes.
- Pour half of the batter into prepared tin. Spoon half of the apple filling over the batter. Spread remaining cake batter over the fruit and top with the remaining apple filling.
- Mix dark brown soft sugar and nuts together and sprinkle over top of batter. Drizzle with melted butter.
- Bake at 180 C / Gas 4 for 45 to 55 minutes. Allow cake to cool 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine icing sugar, 15g butter, 3/4 teaspoon vanilla and 2 to 3 teaspoons hot water. Beat until smooth. Drizzle over cake.
BACK TO APPLE RECIPES