Serves : 14
- 175g butter, softened
- 300g caster sugar
- 4 eggs
- 280g apple sauce
- 175ml milk
- 200g plain flour
- 120g porridge oats
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 3/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 220g raisins
- 175g coarsely chopped walnuts
Directions to make the Oaty Apple Cake
- Stir together flour, oats, salt, baking powder and spices.
- In a large bowl, cream the butter and sugar. Beat in the eggs, then the apple sauce and milk.
- Beat flour mixture into apple sauce mixture. Stir in the raisins and nuts. Pour batter into a greased and floured tube cake tin.
- Bake in preheated oven at 180 C / Gas 4 for 65 minutes or until a skewer comes out clean when inserted into the centre of the cake. Let cake cool on a wire rack.
BACK TO APPLE RECIPES
Thank you for reading this post, don't forget to subscribe!