Serves : 16
- 110g butter
- 200g caster sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 150g raisins
- 375g apple sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 250g plain flour
- 2 teaspoons bicarbonate of soda
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 120g chopped walnuts
Directions to make the Apple Sauce and Raisin Bars
- Preheat oven to 180 C / Gas 4. Grease one 20cm square baking tin.
- Cream butter, sugar, eggs and vanilla; beat well.
- Blend in cinnamon, flour, bicarbonate of soda and salt; add raisins, nuts and apple sauce. Mix well.
- Pour batter into prepared tin and bake in preheated oven for 30 minutes. Cut into squares and serve.
BACK TO APPLE RECIPES
Thank you for reading this post, don't forget to subscribe!