Serves : 12
- 215g self-raising flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 100g cooking margarine (or butter)
- 220g dark brown soft sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 235ml Bramley apple sauce
Directions to make the Brambley Apple Sauce Cake
- Preheat oven to 180 C / Gas 4. Lightly grease and flour a 23cm square cake tin.
- Sir together flour, baking powder, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg.
- In a large bowl, cream margarine and brown sugar, beating until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs and vanilla. Stir flour mixture into creamed mixture alternately with apple sauce; make 3 dry and 2 liquid additions, combining lightly after each. Spoon cake mixture into the cake tin.
- Bake for 40 to 45 minutes, or until cake springs back when lightly touched.
BACK TO APPLE RECIPES
Thank you for reading this post, don't forget to subscribe!