Serves : 6
- For the crumble
- 85g (3 oz) butter or margarine
- 175g (6 oz) plain flour, sieved
- 85g (3 oz) soft brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 8 dessert apples (e.g. Braeburn, Pink Lady), peeled, cored and sliced
- 85g (3 oz) sugar
- 2 tablespoons water
- Carte D’Or Rum and Raisin ice cream to serve
Directions to make the Carte D’Or Apple Crumble
- Rub the butter or margarine into flour until mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs. Stir in soft brown sugar and cinnamon.
- Place prepared fruit in greased pie dish and sprinkle each layer with sugar and water. Pile crumble mixture over fruit to cover completely.
- Bake in preheated 180 C / 160 C fan / Gas 4 oven for 40-50 minutes until golden brown. Serve with Carte D’Or Rum and Raisin ice cream.
BACK TO APPLE RECIPES
Thank you for reading this post, don't forget to subscribe!