Serves : 8
- 650g thinly sliced apples
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 4 tablespoons water
- 50g plain flour
- 50g porridge oats
- 200g dark brown soft sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 pinch salt
- 125g butter, softened
- 125g coarsely chopped walnuts
Directions to make the Walnut Apple Crumble
- Preheat oven to 180 C / Gas mark 4.
- Toss apples with lemon juice and water in a shallow 2 litre baking dish.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, oats, sugar, nutmeg and salt. Mix to blend thoroughly. Rub in the butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Mix in walnuts. Crumble over apples to cover completely.
- Bake for 40 to 45 minutes until top is lightly browned. Serve warm or at room temperature.
BACK TO APPLE RECIPES
Thank you for reading this post, don't forget to subscribe!